Cotton industry irrigation researchers will tour growing regions in February, 2015, to showcase innovative scheduling and automation technology. Growers will have the opportunity to meet with researchers at trial sites at Emerald, Moree and Nevertire - a great chance to hear about, question and see the latest research in action. Download the event flyer here.
The tour will showcase:
- IrriSAT - Dr John Hornbuckle, CSIRO
- Canopy temperature sensors - Dr Onoriode Coast, CSIRO
- Dynamic deficit scheduling - Dr Rose Brodrick, CSIRO
- EM38 soil moisture monitoring - Jenny Foley, QLD DNRM
- VARIwise: optimal, adaptive irrigation - Dr Alison McCarthy, NCEA
- Smart automation in furrow irrigation – Dr Malcolm Gillies, NCEA, Dr Jasim Uddin (NCEA), David Robson (Rubicon)
The tour is supported by CRDC and CottonInfo.
The details for the Emerald leg of the tour are:
Date: Tuesday, 10 February 2015
Time: 8:30am to 1:30pm
Location: Wills Road, Emerald QLD