CottonInfo, CRDC and the Department of Industry and Science will host two Big Day Outs in 2015, highlighting energy use efficiency - one at St George, the other at Gunnedah. The field days will look at solar installations, energy audits and will feature AgriRisk high achiever of the year for 2014, Brendon Warnock.
The details of the St George Big Day Out are:
Date: Tuesday 24 Feb 2015
Time: 2-6pm (followed by a BBQ at 6pm).
Location: property of Ian and Anne Brimblecombe, "Burgorah", 28290 Moonie Highway, St George. (A map is available by clicking here).
- Opening by Dr Mary Corbett, Chair CRDC
- How energy auditing and assessments can save dollars
- The economics of solar power on irrigation bores
- Renewable policy incentives
- Solar/diesel/grid pumping irrigation systems
- Farm tour including solar installations and pumps
- Speakers include: Glenn Clark, Yellot Dot Energy; Jon Welsh, CottonInfo; Si Clean Energy; Ergon Energy specialists; Joseph Foley, NCEA.
For further information, contact: Sally Dickinson, CottonInfo regional development officer, St George (0407 992 495, firstname.lastname@example.org).