CottonInfo, CRDC and the Department of Industry and Science will host two Big Day Outs in 2015, highlighting energy use efficiency - one at St George, the other at Gunnedah. The Gunnedah field day will look at energy audits, NSW tariffs and renewable energy, and will feature AgriRisk high achiever of the year for 2014, Brendon Warnock.
The details of the Gunnedah Big Day Out are:
Date: Wednesday 25 Feb 2015
Time: 1pm onwards.
Location: property of Scott Morgan, “Kensal Green”, Gunnedah. (A map is available by clicking here).
- Opening by Adam Kay, Cotton Australia CEO
- The future of energy efficiency and renewable energy sources on farm
- Energy audits and tariffs
- Hybrid power solutions for irrigation and domestic pumps
- The economics of solar/grid irrigation bores
- Renewable policy incentives
- Farm tour including domestic solar installations, pumps and piped infrastructure.
- Speakers include: Keith Higgins, energy consultant; Glenn Clark, Yellot Dot Energy; Jon Welsh, CottonInfo; Peter Bulanyi, Si Clean Energy; Office of Environment and Heritage energy auditors; Joseph Foley and Gary Sandell, NCEA.
- A weather station auction for a young cancer patient will take place at afternoon tea.
For more information, contact:
Katie Slade, CottonInfo regional development officer for the Upper Namoi: 0418 687 580