Come along and join us on a Sticky Beaky Tour around the Dawson Valley to see and learn about different farming systems in the region.
- Ross Hutchinson's 'Roxborough': an overview of the farming system using 12m implements with 3m centered tractors, and cotton planted on 60" row spacing.
- Greg Hutchinson's 'Macander': an overview of the new development; EM survey discussion and late planted cotton.
- Greg and Dan Austin's 'Kooroowatha': early planted cotton discussion and CSD trial walk with CSD's Sam Lee.
- Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries' Richard Sequeira discussion on pest management.
- BBQ dinner and drinks to celebrate Christmas and New Years.
Non-DVCGA members are welcome to join ($25pp to assist with costs of covering catering and bus).
Date: Tues 23 January
Time: Bus departing at 8am
Location: Theodore Showgrounds
For more: For more information or RSVP (by Friday 19th January) contact Simon Green: 0429 063 100.